Walnut Snowball Cookies
- 1 cup all-purpose or cake flour
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts, finely chopped
- 2-3 Tbsp sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1115 grams butter (at room temperature)
- Pinch of salt
- Icing sugar, to coat (about 1 cup)
- Preheat the oven to 150°C and prepare a large baking sheet.
- Mix all the dry ingredients (flour, walnuts, salt, sugar) in a large bowl. Add the vanilla extract. Add the butter in little pieces, and combine everything together with your (clean!) hands until the mixture looks like a coarse meal with nut bits in it. Form the dough into small balls no larger than a walnut and place on the baking sheet, spaced at least an inch apart from each other.
- Bake for 35 minutes. When they are still warm, but cool enough to touch, roll the cookies in some powdered sugar. Set aside on a rack to cool completely. When cool, dust again in icing sugar.