Farm Manager Position now hiring
We have an exciting opportunity for Manager to join our progressive walnut farm in this newly created role. Perfect role for an experienced manager, or someone looking to move to the next level.
Excellent conditions and amazing opportunity to live and work in the beautiful King Valley of Victoria with our small and dedicated Team.
This role offers:
- Full time permanent – reporting to the Operations Manager
- Competitive salary based on candidate experience
- Beautiful residential property based on site
- Potential to work across a range of farming areas with great skills development
- Fully maintained vehicle
- Based in the King Valley region outside of Benalla/Wangaratta. Join a wonderful little country community, close enough to bigger townships for all amenities and experiences.
The Farm Manager is responsible for the planning and execution of day to day operations of the farm, orchard, processing plant, stock and pastoral management of the property.
This role focuses on maximising the productivity and profitability of the property with a commitment to human resources, land and environment management, stock welfare and equipment maintenance.
Main duties include:
- Work collaboratively with Operations Manager to evaluate weather, soil and trees conditions for planning and orchard management
- Livestock management including ensuring the ongoing maintenance of fencing, water assets, weed and vermin control as well as good overall stock management.
- Manage, develop, improve and maintain existing infrastructure to support organisational growth
- Management of feed production, whilst maintaining good soil health and stock rotation
- Direction and supervision of staff and contractors
- Implementing operational and strategic plans in accordance with the Operations Manager
- Compliance with relevant Work Health and Safety requirements and Quality Assurance systems
The successful applicant will have strong rural experience with demonstrated farm management skills.
- Must be competent with farm maintenance and mechanically minded
- Ability to work effectively on their own and in a team environment, supporting farm hands and seasonal contractors.
- The ability to physically perform manual handling and maintenance tasks.
- Attention to detail and commitment to keeping accurate records and documentation.
- Previous livestock and mechanical/electrical experience will be well regarded
- Candidate must have the ability to live onsite
To be considered for this role, please submit a covering letter outlining your experience and how you meet the above criteria.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $65,527.00 – $83,925.00 per year
- Company car
- 3 BR House